Why and How to advertise on porn website

How to run ads on a porn website

Want to Advertise on the porn website? Here you go! Enjoy a sizzling blog that quenches your thirst for advertising from top to bottom.

Four years ago, some surveys were conducted and people found that 30% of the traffic on the internet was enjoyed by porn sites. An average of 12 minutes was spent by a person on a website. These stats have grown over the years and the porn industry still continues to get millions of page views every second.

Eating

How will an advertisement on porn benefit your website/product?

Channel wise AVG CPC

If the big numbers mentioned in different statistics of porn websites or the fact that some popular porn sites enjoy more traffic than heavyweights like Netflix, Twitter and Hulu aren’t enough for you to consider this idea, think about the cost.

One of the most popular case studies on this issue is Eat24. The food delivery app and website were a startup that tried to spread the word by all usual means tried by normal businesses looking to grow. After a failed ad campaign inspired by a popular film, the food delivery startup decided to try an unconventional and cheaper method of advertising, porn.

Eat me

Compared to popular means of online advertising such as Google, Facebook and Twitter, popular porn sites can be much cheaper for one to place ads on.

Some big companies that advertised on porn and saw a good deal of ROI are Eat24.com, Diesel, Groupon and even our very own Zomato.

How to go about it?

Now that you have decided to advertise your product/website on an adult platform that gets millions of hits every second, time has come to place your ads.

One of the most popular porn sites, xvideos, works with TrafficJunky and one can create ads that will appear directly on the website if all the conditions are met. There are tonnes of other porn sites that work with different advertisers like TrafficJunky and Traffic Factory and you can simply contact them regarding your ads.

How can this be a challenging task?

The first challenge most people might face especially in a country like India will be that our authorities aren’t really fond of porn.

Even though three of our MPs were caught watching porn in the parliament, the government did place a ban on many porn websites later. The ban on certain websites was lifted but you can expect a change in the mood anytime. That said, the famous website pornhub.com gets its third highest mobile traffic from India. So you can expect some good amount of clicks on your ads from Indians.

If you feel it is impossible for Indian companies to advertise on porn, then Zomato is another example for you.

The second challenge is about creating something a design that appeals to a person watching porn. Going by the story of Eat24, placing an advertisement is not as difficult as creating a design that will interest the viewers. Their first ad campaign was rejected as they used a chimpanzee in one of their ads; which was against the regulations set by the online agency.

Face facts, if you are targeting men for your ad campaign, it will take something unique and special for them to divert their eyes away from the adult video and look at the advertisement.

Another challenge will be getting a click from the viewer since it is a well-known fact that most advertisements on porn websites are malicious in nature. Apart from that, 99% ads on porn sites are either about porn or certain webcams or some kind of malicious link with a virus. The rest 1% happen to be advertisements about products not related to the porn industry.

Some ads created by Zomato that were placed on porn. The interesting thing to note here is that all the advertisements market the company and the service they provide while keeping the text and design interesting enough for the viewer to look at and click on them.