Carousel Ads in Social Media Marketing
Carousel Ads, simply put, are multiple ads to promote a product or an organization. It can be created using slides. Social Media forums like Facebook, Instagram are the best places to post Carousel Ads and reach the maximum number of people through Ad Campaigns. Let us show you how to create an ad and do a campaign using Facebook.
1. Creating a strategy plan
The first step is to create a strategic plan with a few concepts to promote a business or an organization. These concepts must include slides with suitable captions to attract the audience. A client testimonial can be added to enhance the reputation of the business. The promotion of an organization depends upon how you create the strategic plan and is the key element for running a campaign. Slides can then be created.
2. Building a Campaign URL
To run a campaign that reaches the destination URL, you have to create a link. This can be done by tools like Campaign URL Builder that allows you to add campaign parameters to URL that helps to track in Google Analytics.
Here you can add your website URL, campaign source, medium, name etc, and hit enter, your URL link is created.
3. Social Media Campaign
The campaign here is done through Facebook by accessing the Business Manager Account. Some of the salient features of this account are as follows:
- You can manage multiple pages through single account.
- Can add and remove employees and agencies in your account easily
- According to different Business objectives, permission can be easily granted
While creating a campaign, you will need to first identify which of the below is your key objective :
Lesser known brands or brands that are newer to the market would love to bring familiarity to their brand name. This objective could be selected to get more people to know about their brand and to basically drill the brand name into their heads by showing their ads.
This is not always preferred by businesses as the main objective is to show the ad to a maximum number of people( i.e quantity over quality). This could lead to your ads being shown to people who might not be your target audience. This objective is preferred generally when you have a video, meme or message which you would like to reach a maximum number of people.
The primary goal of traffic is to take your user to a different destination by itself (even within Facebook). So this means that you can increase the number of visitors to your website or wherever you desire to lead the traffic to.
The selection of this objective means that your primary goal is to get more likes, shares, reactions to your post/ad.
As the name suggests, this objective is used by businesses who have a mobile application and would like to increase their app installs through this Facebook ad.
This is used when you want to get more people to view your video. With growing amount of content being consumed by video nowadays, this is a highly preferred objective by marketers.
This is a good method to gather customers information like email, phone number, and other information right away, through a form within Facebook itself.
A conversion can be any specific action you want the customer to take. For example, a conversion could be considered as changing a browsing customer to a purchasing one. This conversion could be in the form of a sign up form filled or a subscribed customer in the case of a blogging website or one that does not primarily sell products.
Product catalog sales:
Many eCommerce sites often prefer to display their product catalogs. For this, you will primarily require a catalog of your inventory and its pricing details.
As the name suggests, the aim here is to drive visits to your physical store. This could be done to improve in-store sales of a local restaurant or store by targeting people from specific areas.
a) Creating a Campaign
By the use of ad engines, you can create an ad and start a campaign by setting your target audience. Using power editor in Business Manager , you can create a campaign first, by clicking create campaign and a campaign ID is automatically created, after which you can
- Name the campaign :- Suitable name for your campaign
- Write objective :- Aim for promotion
- Buying type :- The method by which you pay for and target ads in your campaigns.
- Campaign spend limit :- The limit of amount to be invested
b) Creating Ad sets
The second is creating ad sets for campaign where the objective is to reach maximum people. You can select
- Conversion event location :- You can choose whether it is applied on website ,app or messenger
- Manage budgets and time period :- Setting up a budget amount and time period for the ad to run.
- Customize audience location,gender and their age group :- Can be chosen according to the organization and its target audience for promotions.
- Placements :- Setting the platforms(Facebook or Instagram) and where the ad is to be placed i.e feeds, groups, instant articles, in-stream video or right column.
c) Ads for Ad sets
The third one is to create ads for ad sets. From this you can
- Give ad name :- Find a suitable name for the ad
- Identity :- Identity is selecting the Facebook page to post the ad in.
- Adding text :- Give appropriate text to promote the ads
- Destination URL :- Give the destination URL to direct the target audience to.
- Select cards (slides) and giving links:- Select the cards one by one including video and give it catchy descriptions, headlines. Then provide the desired destination links which you would like to send the audience to
- Call to action:- Call to action is the necessary element which persuades the audience to click on. For eg: “learn more”, “Book now” are call to actions in which, the click is directed to the target link.
You can now review this in drafts, edit it and go to the next campaign stage, by clicking create.